Hip hip hurray to summer BBQ season! Don’t let all of the parties ruin your hard work in our group fitness and yoga classes. Offer to bring this tasty dish to your next soirée. Tip: fresh is best! Head to your local farmers market for some fresh basil and cherry tomatoes if you don’t grow at home.
Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- About 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 25 large basil leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey (10g)
- pinch of salt
Toss all ingredients together and chill for at least 20 minutes, allowing all the flavors to merge.