Hooray for Spaghetti Squash Season! It’s one of my most favorite Fall veggies. Enjoy it with your favorite low calorie sauce and let the good times roll. It’s sure to satisfy your pasta cravings without anything close to the calorie cost.
Spaghetti Squash Pasta
1 medium spaghetti squash
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh basil, minced
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375º and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scrape out seeds with a spoon.
3. Brush each half with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Place each half on the pan with the cut side facing upwards.
5. Roast for 45-50 minutes.
6. While the squash is roasting, prepare the seasoning in a small bowl. Combine. 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, and 1 Tbsp of minced fresh basil.
7. Remove squash from oven and use a fork to scrape out the “spaghetti”.
8. Place on a plate or in a bowl and top with the basil, salt, and pepper seasoning. Enjoy.
reblogged from thefitchen.com