If you liked my turkey pumpkin chili recipe then you’ll love this crockpot chili!! I enjoy mine sans the turkey. I also add black beans and a can of pumpkin and voilà — perfection! The array of colorful vegetables are sure to pack a healthful punch of vitamins and antioxidants. Enjoy after your next group fitness class!
The Biggest Loser Crockpot Chili — ARENA STYLE!
- (Omit if you want!) 2 lbs ground turkey, extra lean or 1.5 lb leftover cooked turkey, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large bell peppers, chopped
- 14 oz can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 14 oz can any white beans, drained & rinsed
- 28 oz can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced or to taste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning, all natural
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on high heat and add ground turkey. Cook until brown, stirring and breaking into small pieces with spatula, occasionally. Transfer to a large crockpot. If using leftover cooked turkey, skip the browning step.
- Return skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic, onion, celery, bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, cover and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High. Reduce cooking time to 5 hours on Low and 3 hours on High, if using cooked turkey. Serve hot. Chili tastes even better the next day. This chili is mild enough for the kids. Add more heat with extra chili powder, Taco seasoning, diced green chiles or jalapenos.
reblogged from ifoodreal