I made this over the weekend and it was a big hit with my boys! I chose to use cauliflower instead of tempeh because of its extensive health benefits. Not only is cauliflower rich in vitamins and minerals but it’s also an anti-inflamatory, and it may boost your brain and digestive health.
Vegan Buffalo Wings
- 1 head cauliflower or 1 package tempeh, cut into bite-sized pieces
For the batter:
- Dash of Frank’s Original Hot Sauce (If you have a different favorite Buffalo sauce you can use that)
- 1/2 c. brown rice flour (or whatever flour you want)
- 1/2 c. water
- Pinch salt
For the Buffalo sauce:
- 1/4 c. Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1/4 c. oil (safflower, canola or something neutral – or you can skip the oil and just use hot sauce)
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together the batter ingredients in a medium bowl. Dip the cauliflower or tempeh pieces in the batter until evenly coated and lay them out on a greased or lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the batter hardens.
- While those are baking, mix together sauce ingredients in a small bowl (You can also make this without any oil, just coat them liberally with hot sauce). Once the cauliflower or tempeh pieces are done baking, brush them with the hot sauce mixture and bake again for about five minutes.
- Remove from oven, and brush with remaining hot sauce mixture to taste. Serve immediately.
reblogged and modified from clean green simple