By: Stacey Garcia
Looking for an easy dish to prepare after a late night at the office?? This time-saving, refreshing summer salad comes straight from Whole Foods Recipes.
This quick and easy meal is a testament to the satisfaction of a good main course salad and is just one example of how to include healthy, protein-packed beans in a warm-weather menu. It’s simple to double this recipe for two, or increase further to serve even more.
- 5 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 pitted black olives, such as Kalamata, halved
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon prepared balsamic vinaigrette or Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 or 3 lettuce leaves, torn into large bite-size pieces
- (Optional: serve with pita chips or warm pita bread on the side.)
Toss together all ingredients, except lettuce, in a large bowl. Arrange lettuce on a dinner plate and top with bean mixture.
Per serving (about 18oz/504g-wt.): 320 calories (110 from fat), 13g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 43g total carbohydrate (12g dietary fiber, 8g sugar), 15g protein