All you need is one pot, fresh herbs, and whole grain pasta and you’ve got yourself a super quick and easy meal ready in 10 minutes! The best part of this recipe… It’s self saucing! By cooking the pasta and herbs together it creates a rich, creamy sauce without the added calories.
reblogged from Yankee Kitchen Ninja
One Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
- 1 13.25-ounce box whole wheat linguine
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (1 pint of grape tomatoes)
- handful of basil, chopped
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 5 cups water
- parmesan cheese for serving
Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to submerge the pasta as it softens. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring and tossing continually (tongs are great for this) for about 8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the pasta is cooked. Serve immediately, topped with parmesan cheese.